GROUP 1. 9 Chn
GRANT MCGREGOR ALEX FORBES
Everything that is going on at Vauxhall School
Miro Newsletter Term 1
Welcome to all those new families who have joined us. We are looking forward to starting the year after a lovely break in the sun. Our teaching team is Sue Roberts/ Lindsay Maclaren, Mary Laurence and Melanie Bell. We have a ‘Meet the Teacher Night’ on Wednesday 11th February, starting in the hall and then coming to classrooms to discuss Miro routines. This evening is from 6 – 7:15pm. We would love to see you all there....
Welcome back to Term 3
The holidays are a distant memory now as we are well into another busy term. We welcome the new families who have joined us. Class lists are available from the school office if you would like to arrange playdates....
Junior School Biathlon Friday 21st March
CAMP INFORMATION 6 March 2014
With our departure date for the overnight camp almost here there are just a few details that we need to confirm.
- All children need to be at school by 7:30 a.m. on Thursday 13 March.
- Have all gear in one bag and bring a backpack with lunch, drink bottle, hat, sunscreen, jacket and a clipboard and pencils. (All children do need clipboards and they available at the $2 shop.)
- Attached to this notice is the group your child will be in on Thursday.
- As previously mentioned Groups 1 and 3 bring 10-12 pieces of homemade baking (biscuits / slices are best) NO NUTS PLEASE in a disposable container. (The Marae usually keeps the containers so we are being sustainable!)
- Groups 2 and 4 bring 10-12 pieces of fruit.
- We would appreciate a parent taking responsibility for accessing boxes to pack the fruit and food in. Please let Carol know if you can help.
- The gear list is on the website if you have misplaced the hardcopy that was sent out.
- Children will be asked what type of filled roll they would like (Ham / Chicken / Vegetarian)
- Adults who are accompanying us also need to let us know what type of roll they would like.
- If you need to make contact while we are on camp Carol’s mobile is 0274304647.
- Julie is in charge of the medication on camp. Please hand in all medication to Julie on Wednesday 12 March. All medication needs to be in a named container / zip lock back with clear full instructions for use included.
- We anticipate arriving back at school between 5:30-6:00 p.m.
- Carol will contact the school if our arrival back changes from this time frame. Sue will send out a broadcast via email and there will also be a notice on the whiteboard outside the office.
- Adults accompanying us will receive additional information on the places we are visiting.
- If you have any queries, please email
The Junior School are heading to the beach this week, we would love you to join us.
Sign up sheets are outside Miro, Rimu and Nikau.
Miro Newsletter Term 1
Welcome to all those new families who have joined us. Our teaching team is Sue Roberts/ Claire Taylor, Lindsay Maclaren and Mary Laurence. Every Thursday Merilyn Strickland will also join our team....
JUNIOR "FUN" ATHLETICS DAY
Thursday 21st NOVEMBER 9.30-12.30
On Thursday 21st November we will be holding our annual Junior "Fun" Athletics event. This will be held in the school grounds, and will be finished before lunch. The focus is on participation, fun and good sportsmanship....
Miro's 100 day Party
On Wednesday 6th November. Miro are celebrating 100 days of school. We are asking the children to collect 100 small things in a plastic bag to make a display e.g 100 grains of rice, 100 small shells,100 buttons,100 pieces of pasta. As well as the display we will be having a little party. Please send a small plate of finger food to share. Children can come dressed up if they choose, and bring a named board game/card game to play with others. Do we have any parents willing to volunteer to contribute 100 cupcakes – this could be done in a group with a few parents contributing?
The Miro Teachers.
Miro Term Four Newsletter
Dear Miro Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome to our new children and their families. Class lists are available from the office if you wish to make contact with other parents to make play dates etc. We have made small changes to the Numeracy and Literacy groups for some children. The new lists are on the window.
There is a Parent Help Roster on the window. Please check the roster. If you wish to add your name please do so. We always need your help and appreciate any time you can give us. Jo An is always looking for PMP helpers on Thursday and Friday morning....