Everything that is going on at Vauxhall School
Triathlon General Information Friday 22 March
Vauxhall School Triathlon
Friday 22 March 2013, 10 a.m. start
INFORMATION TO PARENTS
1. All children aged 7, 8, 9, and 10 years of age will compete in a triathlon. If children don't have access to a bike they will compete in a biathlon.
Children aged 7 will swim 1 length of the pool, cycle one circuit and run one lap of the road circuit.
Children aged 8 will swim 2 lengths of the pool, cycle one circuit and run one lap of the road circuit.
Children aged 9 and 10 years will swim 3 lengths of the pool, cycle 1 circuit and run 1 lap of the road circuit.
• Cycle circuit: bikes "parked" under trees, head over field towards the gate that provides access to the field, ride up the footpath to the entrance of Miro, (Brian will remove the bollards), ride between Miro and the storage shed, park bikes on the court.
• Running circuit - run from the court towards Kauri, now run between Kauri and the Library, pass Nikau, then the admin block, cross the road and then down North Ave, turn right into Turnbull, then right onto Vauxhall, then right into Morrison, across the road into the office car-park gate to the finish line on the grass beside the mini-ball court.
2. For ease of timing children will have their age group and heat number written on their left arm e.g. 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 etc. = 7 year olds; 8.1 etc. = 8 year olds; 9.1 etc. = 9 year olds 10.1 etc. = 10 year olds.
3. Children will require; togs, towel, shorts, suitable footwear for running, sun hat, sun screen drink and warm clothing for before and after their race. All children need shoes both for riding their bike and running.
4. We will require at least 20 parents to help. This will ensure the safety of the children as they complete the course.
5. Children will be organized into heats prior to the event; and bikes arranged in order on Friday morning. There will be a maximum of 4 children in all Triathlon events. Each child will be timed and the results recorded. At the end of the day the child with the fastest time in the age group will be the winner of that group, e.g. 10-year-old girls. Four certificates will be awarded for each year / gender group.
6. Certificates will be presented to the winners at an afternoon Assembly just prior to 3:00 p.m.
7. Helpers will meet carol outside Totara at 9:40 a.m. to go over the requirements of each of the jobs. See separate notice.